It is that time of the year when we roll up our sleeves, conduct surveys, interviews, research and delve into the marketing practices that have been followed by the industry in the past year.
We have very recently launched our VI Annual Marketing Practices Study 2010.
And, I think this is the best time to look back at the results of last year’s study. When we had analysed the marketing departments of many organizations last year, we had found :
• Customer acquisition was the key focus of all marketing activity, even though there was a small downward shift as compared to the previous study
• While companies were investing in online marketing, there was a long way to go in leveraging this medium to its fullest
• Leads generated through marketing programs continued to be the only major metric in use
• Marketing initiatives were feasible and were not to be ignored by companies even during stressful market conditions.
• Focus would shift more towards programs which had yielded good results in the past; (possible only when existing programs were being tracked and measured effectively)
• Usage of social media tools was a cost-effective way to engage with the market
It is left to see whether there have been any innovations in marketing practices last year, or whether a similar trend continues. So, what are you waiting for, read about this year’s study and be part of it to win some exciting surprise gifts !!