This is not just another post on tips for social media marketing – it is a simple compilation of some easy-to-implement ideas. If you’ve answered “Yes” to any of the below questions, this post is for you!
- Has your FB page been alive for a couple of years and reached a plateau?
- Do you tweet regularly, but find that no one retweets?
- Do you have a lot of content to talk about, but haven’t found the right packaging for it?
- Are you scared of infographics and/or think it’s only for designers?
Here are 5 ideas to add some zest to your online presence:
1. Create infographics: There are many platforms to promote these and many free tools to create them as well.
2. Share quotes/funny cartoons: Sometimes, fans/followers just want to read something that will make them smile without having to digest 500 words of articles, case studies, reports, etc.
3. Create a campaign: Think of interesting campaigns that you can do on all your social media channels. For eg: If you are a software development firm, you could think of a “PHP week” full of facts, images, quizzes, code contests, etc. At the end of such a campaign (which could last anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months), fans will perceive you as an expert in that area.
4. Bring in a change: Change your background images regularly and add variety to your content. For eg: A marketing company needn’t always talk about “marketing” – it can talk about “research”, “advertising”, “technology”, etc.
5. Find something newsworthy: Find out which news item is making the headlines everyday and be sure to comment on it.
And hey! in case you think I’m preaching without practising, here’s an infographic which I created recently! Go ahead, repin it and share it.